Home Fibre Packages
Fibre Optics is the fastest and most reliable form of internet connection on the market today. This means that whether you are streaming a movie on Netflix or video chatting with family in Australia or England your connection will be seamless and lightning fast with speeds up to 1Gbps.
Home Fibre (Unshaped, Uncapped)
How do I switch to Bioniq from my current ISP?
You will need to place an order with us and then cancel with your current ISP. We then take care of the rest. Please submit an enquiry and our FTTH team will guide you through the process.
What is the difference between Fibre and ADSL?
ADSL runs over copper lines. Copper often is unreliable, heavily contended and offers average speeds of around 4Mbps. It is also vulnerable to theft. Fibre is fast. It’s very, very fast, up to 1000Mbps, and gives you a much more reliable connection.
How long does Home Fibre take to install?
If you do not have Fibre into your premises the lead time can take approximately 1-8 weeks. This will depend on the Fibre Network Operator (FNO) in your area. The FNO does the installation. We will supply the Router and activate your Internet.
What is the setup costs for Home Fibre?
- The average activation fee for Fibre is R1750 but can also differ depending on the Open Access Network available in your area. You will also require a router if you don’t already have one. We have a wide variety of routers available to suit your specific needs.
Can I get home Fibre for my business
If you are running a micro home business you can apply for Home Fibre. Please note that home Fibre is a best-effort service.
Terms & Conditions
- All completed and supporting documents must be received before line activation.
- Although we endeavor to keep our coverage data as accurate as possible, the network is always expanding, which may sometimes have slight inaccuracies.
- Service availability subject to confirmed feasabilliyt. Services Terms & Conditions apply.
- A delivery fee of R249.00 will be charged for all hardware deliveries.
- For new BioHomeFibre installations, router delivery will only be dispatched after the installation is complete.
- Cancellation Fees are calculated based on the installation option chosen and explained in the service agreement.
Shaping and Prioritization
- BioHomeFibrepackages are uncapped, unshaped and unthrottled – There are no usage thresholds so you can use as much data as you like, whenever you like. No throttling or shaping will be applied.
Installation, cabling and lead times
- The installation fee includes the first 30 meters trenching. If your installation requires additional trenching, a site survey will be done, after which you will receive a quote from the applicable last-mile provider Contractor. Should you choose to proceed, you will be liable for any additional costs incurred. The additional cabling is directly payable to the applicable last-mile provider contractor.
- Installation lead times are a guide based on averages and will vary. Line activation and connection times need to be added for full turnaround estimation.
- Standard Installation Charges
- R1 750 – Once off cost for Installation. Equipment is Bioniq’s property and must be insured by the Subscriber. Agreement on the Internet Service Option as selected at Step 1.
- R610 p/m – Installation is invoiced over three months. Equipment is Bioniq’s property and must be insured by the Subscriber. Agreement on the Internet Service Option as selected at Step 1.
- R 312 p/m – Installation is invoiced over six months. Equipment is Bioniq’s property and must be insured by the Subscriber. Agreement on the Internet Service Option as selected at Step 1.
- R 100 p/m – Installation is invoiced over 24 months. Equipment is Bioniq’s property and must be insured by the Subscriber. 24 Month Agreement on the Internet Service Option.
- FNO Installation Charges
- Bioniq – Standard Installation Charges
- Frogfoot – Free on 24 Months
- Vodacom – Standard Installation Charges
- Openserve – Standard Installation Charges
- Evotel –
- R 2 415 Month to Months – Once Off
- R 841.80 per Month over Three Months
- R 430.56 per Month over Six Months
- Bioniq reserves the right to change the pricing at any time. While stocks last. E&OE.